Advertise on CBF

Author Topic: Welcoming new members  (Read 10365 times)

Buzz

• Administrator
  • International Superstar
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Clear your mind, stay still and watch the ball
Welcoming new members
« on: January 16, 2013, 08:54:02 AM »

During the last two weeks I have conducted a small survey with about 10 forum members (some with less than 100 posts and some with more than 2000) asking them what their views are and areas where we can improve the forum. Hopefully some of the suggestions we will be able to implement over the coming weeks.

One of the overriding comments has been around the treatment of newer members. We have seen a big increase in the number of people joining and contributing to the forum, something that we are delighted about and are grateful for those spreading the CBF gospel. However frequently a short shrift given to new members.

Please can we all (myself included :o) make an effort to be more tolerant of and welcoming to new members.

I appreciate it is frustrating when we have 150 post chasers, but we have taken steps to reduce this and will be firm in deleting spurious posts.

Please think before you post. If you think a member is on the "chase", please pm a member of the admin team, rather than sending messages to the new member so we can explain the way the forum works to them.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 03:09:36 PM by Buzz »
"Bradman didn't used to have any trigger movements or anything like that. He turned batting into a subconscious act" Tony Shillinglaw.

Advertise on CBF