Advertise on CBF

Author Topic: Disabled Cricket Open Day Saturday 5th of December in Exeter Devon.  (Read 15115 times)

keysersolze

• County 1st XI
  • Trade Count: (+3)

High All my name is perry and i am the disabled cricket coordinator for the Devon cricket board. On Saturday the 5Th of December we are having an open day at the indoor cricket centre on the Exeter University Campus. All are welcome to attend as we are catering for all people with physical disabilities and wheelchair users will be catered for. We will have a team competing in the Southern counties championship next season and are looking to knock somerset of the top spot. So if your disabled or know someone who is disabled feel free to come along and have a great day its all free and we will have all the bowling machines out so everyone can have a great day and there will also be some of somersets disabled to team there to show us all how its done. For further details e mail me at perry.sprung@devoncricket.co.uk or call me or Matt in the cricket office on 01392262509. We are also looking for sponsors and donations of any old kit you might have knocking around as we need everything from pads to bats to stumps. So please help agood cause and get rid of all that old gear you never going to use again. I cant stress enough how desperate we are to get our hands on any kit to use for next season!!!  As every major manufacturer and retailer we have approached have knocked us back so far. Though i must say Gary at Redback cricket has been fantastic and agreed to donate a bat that we are going to send to Ian Martin the national disabled cricket coordinator who is going to get it signed by the Ashes winning England squad so we can auction/raffle it at a later date next year to raise money. And feedback from lekkasport have been great and are going to sort something out with us quite soon we hope. As we are trying to raise ten thousand pounds to enable us to put a down payment on a mini bus and the lords taverners will  put the other 35,000 pounds down so we can get a mini bus that will cater for wheel chair users. But first things first guys we need everything from bats to bails to stumps to balls. So if you have any old equipment you don't want send it to

Perry Sprung,
The Cricket Office,
Ondaatje Devon Cricket Centre,
University of Exeter,
Stocker Road,
Exeter,
Devon,
EX4 4QN

If you want any further information feel free to check us out on the Devon Cricket Board Website.

AlRidd

• International Captain
  • Trade Count: (+15)
Re: Disabled Cricket Open Day Saturday 5th of December in Exeter Devon.
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 04:34:54 PM »

Good on you mate, I will have a look for something to send you guys. Keep up the good work!

Howzat

• Forum Legend
  • Trade Count: (+7)
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2009, 04:38:08 PM »

All the hear we have on here im sure we could spare some :-)
Top Scores: 171,112,100,99,86*,74*  Best Bowling: 5/18

AlRidd

• International Captain
  • Trade Count: (+15)
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2009, 04:39:37 PM »

Lol, I hope Majid is listening :D

Apple

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2009, 04:46:40 PM »

do you need gloves and pads?

gramw

• International Captain
  • Gramw!
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2009, 05:24:31 PM »

do you need gloves and pads?
Yeah, "as we need everything from bats to pads to stumps."

petehosk

• Administrator
  • Forum Legend
  • Trade Count: (+39)
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2009, 05:47:29 PM »

I'll a dig around too, as there is some gear I will not use myself!
I am sure that between all of us, we can send loads of gear their way?

Cover Drive

• First XI Captain
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2009, 06:06:23 PM »

i have a bat - with a refurb will be fine , maybe hit4six will do a voluntry refurb ? , i will cover postage..

keysersolze

• County 1st XI
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2009, 06:41:52 PM »

Guys and girls i cant thank you enough!!! Its all early days but we are really going for it!! And with everyones help i know it will be a success!!! And if you know anyone who is disabled or have any friends who are disabled and they fancy a great day out its all open and for free on saturday the 5th.  I cant tell you how happy i am to realise the great British public know a good cause when they see one. And we need everything pads to bails to balls etc. And i will sand down and refurb any old bats!!!! i just need to get a club kit going so everyone gets to get a grip on a bat and have a fun day!! Something will be done down here in the way of a list of people who donated to us and it will go up on the Devon Cricket board website in the disabled section for all to see!! Long term we want to knock somerset of the top spot!!!!  And if anyone knows any businesses or associations that might want to sponsor the us as in we are hoping to get some one to have their name across the front of the shirts.  I can not thank you enough for anyone who donates and sends kit down all will be seen in the future being worn by the players on our website. Feel free to contact me at the cricket centre!! All details in the disabled section includeing phone number etc.

keysersolze

• County 1st XI
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2009, 06:44:01 PM »

And hey if hit for 6 do a voluntary refurb fantastic!!! leaves me free to badger the big manufacturers some more!!!

Howzat

• Forum Legend
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2009, 08:41:15 PM »

Lets see what we can do guys... hopefully as a forum we can send some kit their way.
Top Scores: 171,112,100,99,86*,74*  Best Bowling: 5/18

Cover Drive

• First XI Captain
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2009, 08:44:54 PM »

yeah i think that would be great.

Master-Basterd

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2009, 10:51:17 PM »

Will send a brand new set of Puma Stealth 3000 pads when i can, they wont sell on here but i reckon someone will have good use for them !

keysersolze

• County 1st XI
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2009, 05:03:03 AM »

Pinch Hitter thanks for the pledge of the pads i cant wait to show them of on the website as one of the first donations. Make sure you put your real name down and contact details etc so i can put a thank you up on the web site and put you on our e mail and christmas card list etc.

Advertise on CBF