Censorship
Advertise on CBF

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Censorship  (Read 10904 times)

SurreySam

• County 2nd XI
  • Trade Count: (+2)
Censorship
« on: March 02, 2020, 11:57:03 PM »

In the interest of transparency and reading between the lines.

Can the users of this forum please have an up to date list of Administrators and Moderators?

Thanks.

KW9221

• County 1st XI
  • Trade Count: (+4)
Re: Censorship
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2020, 12:50:40 AM »

Go to forum main page, scroll down to the bottom where you will see “users online“Section. At the bottom of that section, you should see “Administrator” written in red and “Moderator” written in blue ink. Just click on that and you should see the list of admins and mods. :)

« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 12:54:41 AM by KW9221 »
Instagram: Cricketer_guru

SurreySam

• County 2nd XI
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2020, 12:54:24 AM »

Thanks, I have done that before posting this topic and believe it to be inaccurate.

SurreySam

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2020, 01:26:04 AM »

Either that, or forum privileges have been diluted beyond the traditional forum nomenclature.

What defines a Premium Member?

Maybe someone whom posts about 5 times daily and gains empathy of the empowered to rescue them, when the proverbial hits the fan?

Tom

• Forum Legend
  • Trade Count: (+33)
    • www.cricketinsight.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2020, 01:36:11 AM »

Premium member was an old level I introduced back in the day for those who donated for the upkeep of the forum (pre-advertising days).

Don't think it's used anymore, but used to give access to a part of the forum with some discounts with forum partners/retailers like Redback and Fusion.

SurreySam

• County 2nd XI
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2020, 01:47:42 AM »

Cheers Tom.

I was being a tad facetious with my Premium Member remark, but the 'contributor' who brought this all about, was duly noted as having viewed this topic.

However, as a newcomer I do appreciate the history of how things come about. Thank you.

Buzz

• Administrator
  • International Superstar
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Clear your mind, stay still and watch the ball
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2020, 08:35:14 AM »

Thanks, I have done that before posting this topic and believe it to be inaccurate.

Morning

I am very sure the list of Admin's and Mods is right. If it wasn't the people who do the job wouldn't have the access rights they need.

Separately, we have a bit of a change up on the admin team front where a number of mods who have had the position for years have "retired". I am enormously grateful for them as is the forum owner.

@edge has joined the Admin team in Feb.

I note there is nothing in it for those who do the job, we certainly don't get paid.

I have a broader view that we need to do some different things to improve the content and enjoyment of the forum, but I personally don't have the capacity to do that.

If there is someone who does or who has some ideas to do things better, please drop me a pm and let's chat.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 08:37:26 AM by Buzz »
"Bradman didn't used to have any trigger movements or anything like that. He turned batting into a subconscious act" Tony Shillinglaw.

Buzz

• Administrator
  • International Superstar
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Clear your mind, stay still and watch the ball
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2020, 10:12:44 AM »

Thanks Dan
"Bradman didn't used to have any trigger movements or anything like that. He turned batting into a subconscious act" Tony Shillinglaw.

SouthpawMark

• County 1st XI
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2020, 10:27:01 AM »

I’m fairly new to this forum, but I don’t think there’s too much wrong with it. There was one member (a certain Bond villain) where I had to bite my lip whenever he posted, but thankfully that issue has now been dealt with.

I guess the only thing I would do would be to try and find ways to increase the number of active members. There are more than enough registered, but I reckon there are less than 50 who post on what could even remotely be called a regular basis.
Bat perv.

SOULMAN1012

• Forum Legend
  • Trade Count: (+27)
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2020, 11:03:53 AM »

Participation of sponsors must be at an all time low this would really improve the forum for me, more insight, products, comps offers etc but can’t think of one that posts regularly

FattusCattus

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2020, 01:19:12 PM »

@SOULMAN1012 - interesting point. I've heard anecdotal evidence from more than one sponsor that they simply drifted away or lost interest due to forum members fannying them about, asking for extra discount, badgering for sponsorship and making unreasonable returns requests. Couple this with a lack of sales and repeated championing of sources such as Online Stockist and Crown cricketer and some simply felt it wasn't worth it.

However, contradicting myself a bit, there is also a huge lack of input from some sponsors on here - forum offers, press releases, competitions, flash sales, new product PR, samples sales or trials, visit the bat-maker, club days, raffles - anything really.

To me, it feels like a bit more effort could be made from both sides - we could be a bit more loyal with our purchasing from sponsors, trumpet our success stories, make more of an effort to visit and interact with these guys.

And they could make more of an effort to pique our interest and keep us aroused.

They would all like some more money and most of us are willing to spend it on kit - it should work.
If you tolerate this, then your baked goods will be next.

jayralh

• County 1st XI
  • Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2020, 01:51:25 PM »

If any topic doesn't interest members they simply don't bother with their input.
If you bother to read at least give your opinion. But don't take it personal.most of us don't k ow each other face to face so don't have beef with each other.

SOULMAN1012

• Forum Legend
  • Trade Count: (+27)
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2020, 02:51:36 PM »

@SOULMAN1012 - interesting point. I've heard anecdotal evidence from more than one sponsor that they simply drifted away or lost interest due to forum members fannying them about, asking for extra discount, badgering for sponsorship and making unreasonable returns requests. Couple this with a lack of sales and repeated championing of sources such as Online Stockist and Crown cricketer and some simply felt it wasn't worth it.

However, contradicting myself a bit, there is also a huge lack of input from some sponsors on here - forum offers, press releases, competitions, flash sales, new product PR, samples sales or trials, visit the bat-maker, club days, raffles - anything really.

To me, it feels like a bit more effort could be made from both sides - we could be a bit more loyal with our purchasing from sponsors, trumpet our success stories, make more of an effort to visit and interact with these guys.

And they could make more of an effort to pique our interest and keep us aroused.

They would all like some more money and most of us are willing to spend it on kit - it should work.

@FattusCattus i hear all your saying and I guess that’s a wider issue but one that would be very annoying for sponsors etc. I totally understand the annoyance of people are asking for pics all the time and that not leading to a sale as that’s a waste of there time etc.
However we have nearly all sponsors that don’t post at all throughout the year and this certainly didn’t used to be the case, I remember fantastic forum days visiting Choice, H4L to name a couple and meeting other members and seeing bats being made, tours of workshops etc but that’s all stopped now. We don’t even get new kit pics or updates now.
However we do have a couple of Batmakers on here now that are happy to share and post what they are up to which is great to read and see.

Just a bit disappointing that we also lost sponsors that are now quite forward on social media that haven’t been asked to come back or don’t want to come back.

Final piece is the amount of negative and argumentative posting, baiting is becoming annoying and think a few must just like to get a reaction from others at time’s and I guess that puts people off being an active forum member.

Ayrtek Cricket

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2020, 03:23:48 PM »

Its quite a juggling act now though compared to 4/5 years ago, Personally as a one-man business I have to juggle phone calls, texts, whatsapp, instragram, twitter, facebook, emails and the forum all as sources of potential customers getting in touch to ask about kit.

The fact you need to try and keep your social media channels busy with content to remain 'interesting/relevant' chews up a huge amount of time before even getting around to processing any orders.

Its also far easier to post images onto the aforementioned platforms that it is to upload pics and a topic on here. Having been on here now for whats prob the best part of 16 years ive always tried to use the forum as the first call for innovation and feedback as its a great resource to reach a wide demographic easily to gain opinions for feedback.

Sadly given the fact im now juggling a young family, 3 businesses and cricket club responsibilities as well time is a scarce commodity to come on here and spent as much time as I used too.

Jimbo

• World Cup Winner
  • Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2020, 03:44:02 PM »

@Ayrtek Cricket Do you think an easier method of image sharing would encourage more sponsors to engage a bit more often?
Pages: [1] 2

Advertise on CBF