Censorship
Advertise on CBF

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Censorship  (Read 10905 times)

Ayrtek Cricket

Re: Censorship
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2020, 03:48:18 PM »

I think the issue is they are already having to share images of their wares via Instagram/Facebook/Twitter without having to upload them via postimages on here as well.

Granted they can use something like Hootsuite to do it in one click via social media but if people want to see images of the kit then they can choose to follow them on social media whereas on here its prob seen as more of a place for discussion with the odd pic thrown in.

The forum members are also very savvy on their buying as bats change hands-on here for less than trade prices at times which are BN still. This obviously isn't the ideal market for sponsors who are looking to sell at their RRP in order to make a margin to survive as a business so IMO I think this will have driven some sponsors away.

Its obviously a bit different for me as bats and softs arent my main market so to speak but its a pretty saturated market if everyone posts pics of bats as a sponsor in various grades/weights and it comes down to competing on price for business.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 03:53:42 PM by Ayrtek Cricket »

roco

• Forum Legend
  • Trade Count: (+16)
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2020, 09:36:59 AM »

No excuse Tom your not allowed a life now get back in your shed and sew until your fingers bleed......

Admins are all corrupt vive la revolution!!!!

On serious note plenty been and gone and chat not as lively as it once was as the characters have moved on which is why it’s a little bland at the moment but still good source of info
The first cricket box was used in 1874.  The first cricket helmet was introduced in 1974. So, it took 100 years for men to twig that their brains were also worth protecting.

roco

• Forum Legend
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2020, 09:38:42 AM »

Come on Tom you know your not allowed a life so go back to your shed/man cave and sew until your fingers bleed

Admins are corrupt vive la revolution

On serious note takes a lot to look after this place and people move on to new things. For me it’s not as lively as before as characters have moved on so chat not as lively and went through a stage of “experts” jumping on anyone and rows not banter.

Still a good place for info but not sure how to get that fun lively debate back
The first cricket box was used in 1874.  The first cricket helmet was introduced in 1974. So, it took 100 years for men to twig that their brains were also worth protecting.

FattusCattus

• Forum Legend
  • Trade Count: (+30)
  • Bend it like Fattus!!
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2020, 10:28:08 AM »

f*ck me @roco  - you're back!! when did the Millenium Falcon drop you off?
If you tolerate this, then your baked goods will be next.

roco

• Forum Legend
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2020, 11:44:38 AM »

Ehemmmmmm I ride with captain Scarlett thank you

Been busy but been watching just not joining in as much

The Cricket Boutique

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2020, 08:16:26 PM »

Now then. Long time no post!

I was a fairly regular poster on the forum during around a year long sponsorship period however dropped off due to trying to compete with OLS and other companies that seemed to be championed on here. I found that although what I do should be right in the sweet spot for the forum that other companies and non forum sponsors were pushed more.

I fully understand that people have their loyalties and what I do doesnt appeal to all however as a forum sponsor I would have liked to have seen a little more buying loyalty, feedback and promotion from forum members.

As also mentioned, the time it took to post images (and very long bat descriptions) on here was quite extensive and didnt really offer a good enough ROI.

Im sure forum sponsors would be more active if the ROI both in a time and monitory sense was greater but as most are either 1 person bands or dont have designated media execs they have to put their time where they get most back.

I know the forum is more than about sales but those who used "advertise/sponsor" on here may not feel the same.

I hope my little insight helps.

Cheers
English Willow, Handmade Cricket Bats. www.thecricketboutique.co.uk / @thecricketbtq / facebook.com/thecricketboutique/

Yorkershire

• International Captain
  • Trade Count: (+7)
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2020, 11:07:09 PM »

Serious question and not ill intentioned. Why do businesses expect loyalty for the sake of it? Consumers always look for deals... unless there's brand loyalty.. mainly for the following reasons: price/value, service, quality of product or it's in vogue.

Whether you are a single brand or a retailer selling several brands you will need to leverage one of the above.

Am sure each factor will have a different level of importance for each CBF member.

Yorkershire

• International Captain
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2020, 11:08:57 PM »

Ps it's a commercial venture unless you are passionate and it's a hobby like for some..

LEACHY48

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2020, 08:03:29 AM »

My two penneth, for what it's worth, having been on here since 2012 I believe is that now the landscape of the forum is very different. Previously when we had the likes of black cat, fat bats, laver and wood etc etc we would have competition's, Q and As, bat reviews and the like and that in turn would drive brand loyalty. If James laver came on here answered shed loads of questions it would obviously peak interest in the brand. Now, it appears as though the sponsors focus their energy into more effective marketing such as Instagram. We need to realise that as a forum we are a tiny microcosm of the cricketing world, and for that reason people wont spend their valuable time posting on here when they could reach millions of people.

I personally think there is a culture of attacking brands on here too, I think that we jump to conclusions and tear people down unnecessarily and in doing so have driven people away - it's just cricket to name just one example, aldred as another. We can have our cake and eat it chaps.

e4sby

• International Captain
  • Trade Count: (+5)
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2020, 08:26:19 AM »

My two penneth, for what it's worth, having been on here since 2012 I believe is that now the landscape of the forum is very different. Previously when we had the likes of black cat, fat bats, laver and wood etc etc we would have competition's, Q and As, bat reviews and the like and that in turn would drive brand loyalty. If James laver came on here answered shed loads of questions it would obviously peak interest in the brand. Now, it appears as though the sponsors focus their energy into more effective marketing such as Instagram. We need to realise that as a forum we are a tiny microcosm of the cricketing world, and for that reason people wont spend their valuable time posting on here when they could reach millions of people.

I personally think there is a culture of attacking brands on here too, I think that we jump to conclusions and tear people down unnecessarily and in doing so have driven people away - it's just cricket to name just one example, aldred as another. We can have our cake and eat it chaps.

Top post that mate!  Sums it up perfectly...

FattusCattus

« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2020, 09:11:53 AM »

Agree with the post up to this point. I think the majority on here are sensible, and also reasonably clued up about kit. Some suppliers and retailers have behaved oddly in the past, and said some (very) questionable things. We are not mugs, and have every right to challenge something we believe is not right.

Factual situations such as where a certain brand is made, and supplying of bats at the requested weight are points worth raising and totally justifiable - perhaps sometimes it is how it is raised that is the issue.
If you tolerate this, then your baked goods will be next.

Howzat

• Forum Legend
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2020, 01:09:56 PM »

Premium member was an old level I introduced back in the day for those who donated for the upkeep of the forum (pre-advertising days).

Don't think it's used anymore, but used to give access to a part of the forum with some discounts with forum partners/retailers like Redback and Fusion.

Don’t forget the custom bats bat sticker  ;)
Top Scores: 171,112,100,99,86*,74*  Best Bowling: 5/18

InternalTraining

• World Cup Winner
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2020, 02:53:42 PM »

In my first season of club cricket, I bought two bats. I broke after a few matches, other one lasted. I googled information about bats and found CBF. Later on, I signed up as I had had collected a few nice bats before I joined and needed to discuss more.

Here are some of Pros and Cons:

1. In terms of media and features, sponsors and posters share the same challenges. Uploading pics is done thru a third-party app. Same for vidoes. The forum could use an upload feature that'd make everyone's life easy.

2. Regarding tough comments and Q&A, that's just life. Same thing could happen on twitter or instagram. Until we have standardized specs for bats (dead weight, swing weight, balance point, location of node of percussion, density, etc.), there will always be a debate when buying bats online or thru post/mail. The reality is that not everyone can buy a bat from a shop. First vendor who solves the problem of standardization (and patents/trade-marks it), will win lot of business. GM to a degree do that and they have built an enormous reputation because of it. Personally, I have never owned a GM (don't like handles :D ) but love their quality standards!

3. What ultimately makes the forum is the quality of information people post and also the members. Many members here are influencers in their respective cricket circles. I personally have introduced many people to brands that I saw here. MG2, Keeley, SK/Mueleman, #FoxIt -  you name it. Good ones have been embraced, bad ones are rejected. There is still value for sponsors to engage directly with members here. I found CBF because of google search which pointed me to some posts. More product information sponsors/brands leave in the forum, more accessible it is thru google search.

4. The area where CBF is lacking is coaching information. PitchVision never refunded my money for courses I paid for which they later removed - Michael Bevan and Graham Gooch. They are unreliable. There is a market and need for coaching information. CBF admins/owners should look into this as this could benefit members and coaches. Maybe once a quarter Q&A session with coaches who comment on posted videos. Same for fitness and nutrition.
Pages: 1 [2]

Advertise on CBF