CBFs Best Threads
Advertise on CBF

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: CBFs Best Threads  (Read 11745 times)

alba caerulea

• International Captain
  • Trade Count: (+5)
Re: CBFs Best Threads
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2020, 09:39:41 PM »

A few years ago was a lot better as there were forum sponsors who contributed and a lot of characters on here as well. Miss my debates with a chap called fast Eddie.

Old seasons kit treads always draw me in.

We used to have meet ups and even matches as a forum side and they were always great even the lead up threads were great

I remember fast eddie and tales of his son faster eddie who he made sound like Joel Garner downhill with the wind behind him  :D Did anyone ever see him bowl?

ch1p

• County 1st XI
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2020, 10:18:43 PM »

In my years of lurking there has been some belters...

There was the whole instinct cricket starting up which I seem to remember although never had any of their gear. The AK-47 did look nice though.

I can't remember the member but someone went through a period of time comparing a wide grainer to a close grainer to see the difference (absolute peak of what a CBF thread should be about imo)

There has been plenty of debate from @SLA and others which I've always enjoyed reading through.

Dave @procricket used to have some mega sales, I think I benefitted from a grainy SS years and years ago now which was a belter. He also spent some time at B3 and their clearance days were always great.

Who remembers Itias (was it?) used to love their stickers and always seemed popular on here.

Streaky when he was with B3 used to post popular Q&A threads

now we have some cool (is it right to say upcoming?) batmakers who are learning (quickly it seems, which is a good thing) their trades.

Forum has always been a place for me to spend the odd lunchbreak lurking around - looking at all things cricket which is great. Yes trends, members and "buzz" seems to come and go at times but I think the core is always there and that's what makes the place  :D

SOULMAN1012

• Forum Legend
  • Trade Count: (+27)
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2020, 10:57:15 PM »

I remember fast eddie and tales of his son faster eddie who he made sound like Joel Garner downhill with the wind behind him  :D Did anyone ever see him bowl?

Yes he came to one of the forum nets and was clear he knew his father and I didn’t always see eye to eye and he bowled everything half way down at about 60mph. Managed to knock a bat in that day lol.

Think Fast Eddie left after all his pomp for the right way to do things he scammed someone with an Aldred bat

SOULMAN1012

• Forum Legend
  • Trade Count: (+27)
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2020, 10:58:51 PM »

It was better when more attention was given to independent batmakers. The site was set-up with the intention of giving them exposure, was it not?

Yep agree. For any of the admins that view this thread I would be happy to find out about being a sponsor as Iv been here long enough so may as well start paying for the privilege 😝

Billie

• International Captain
  • Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2020, 11:16:08 PM »

In my years of lurking there has been some belters...

There was the whole instinct cricket starting up which I seem to remember although never had any of their gear. The AK-47 did look nice though.

Who remembers Itias (was it?) used to love their stickers and always seemed popular on here.

I remember Instinct! Their stickers were great. I used to like Rob Pack's presence here, and his brand too. I got two brilliant bats from him around that time, and a visit to the pack cave was a wonderful thing. Josh Gavan of JP Gavan was also there for a while, and his brand (and skills) seem to be a pretty big success in Australia, which is fantastic.

This thread kinda swings around again to that question of how we 'make the forum great again ', or whether that idea is just nostalgia really.

Lockdown this winter would be a good time to figure out how we can improve it for the new season?

Buzz

• Administrator
  • International Superstar
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Clear your mind, stay still and watch the ball
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2020, 08:38:27 AM »

I loved the Norbs or Laver ask the bat maker threads.
Shaq blowing up his kitchen was insane.
I still can't believe no one wanted to buy the washing machine I put up for sale.

Actually the net/matches write ups are my favourite.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2020, 08:40:54 AM by Buzz »
"Bradman didn't used to have any trigger movements or anything like that. He turned batting into a subconscious act" Tony Shillinglaw.

Northern monkey

• World Cup Winner
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2020, 10:02:17 AM »

Most I enjoyed, were always Chads,Simon Mays,The hosks etc bat posts,,,I’d no idea bats were out there that looked so good

Used to enjoy Ryan’s posts, especially the laminate project, and Paul Aldred used to tease with some real stunners.
ST bats was another favourite

Buzz,s batting book,,(that made me realise how stupid I’d batted over the years)

There’s always something on here to pique the bat lovers interest.

Plus I’ve made some good mates from here

Manormanic

• Forum Legend
  • Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2020, 02:37:52 PM »

I think he played for Stone in one of the forum games.  He was NOT quick. 
"to be the man, you've got to beat the man"

alba caerulea

• International Captain
  • Trade Count: (+5)
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2020, 05:11:11 PM »

He was NOT quick.

Must admit Im not shocked!

Batoff

• First XI Captain
  • I love a glass of claret
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2020, 07:23:27 PM »

I think he played for Stone in one of the forum games.  He was NOT quick.

Was that the day with 3 teams?
I recall a match report saying he got carted in the first game, then decided to keep wicket in the second one!

Kulli

• Forum Legend
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Herr Kaleun
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2020, 07:25:15 PM »

Jon Pinson was good value in many ways.
They won't catch us this time! Not this time! They haven't spotted us! No, they're all snoring in their bunks! Or, you know what? They're drinking at the bar, celebrating our sinking! Not yet, my friends. Not yet!

t2ylo

• County 1st XI
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2020, 07:30:22 PM »

Any chance someone could post the links to some of the old gold threads for evening reading please?

FattusCattus

« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2020, 07:56:10 PM »

I remember threads where freedom of expression was not suppressed by ruthless despots!
If you tolerate this, then your baked goods will be next.

t2ylo

• County 1st XI
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2020, 08:02:14 PM »

I am currently enjoying @fasteddie greatest hits

Jimbo

• World Cup Winner
  • Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2020, 08:16:05 PM »

I remember threads where freedom of expression was not suppressed by ruthless despots!

Personally I blame the lame-stream, fake news media and the radical leftist agenda.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Advertise on CBF