Overseas
Advertise on CBF

Author Topic: Overseas  (Read 3138 times)

Howzat

• Forum Legend
  • Trade Count: (+7)
Overseas
« on: October 19, 2023, 05:28:47 PM »

Anyone got any advice for getting a decent overseas. Obviously there are the cricket agents but as a new first xi captain I’m wondering if there are other avenues people have used? Club is located in London, TVL div 2.

Looking for someone to play and coach colts.
Top Scores: 171,112,100,99,86*,74*  Best Bowling: 5/18

potzy248

• International Captain
  • Trade Count: (+1)
Re: Overseas
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2023, 12:44:36 AM »

I am Director of Cricket at our local Boys High school (NZ) and have a lot of contacts my area for cricket. Happy to pass your details around the clubs. A lot of players in our comp head over to the UK.
Kane Williamson for Prime Minister.

Neon Cricket

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2023, 06:40:14 AM »

I always use Cricketer Exchange - takes a bit more work on your part, but it's free and there tends to be more Aussie/Kiwi representation on there. Only issue with the agents is almost all of the players will be wanting to be paid a weekly rate just for rocking up which isn't something we're keen on.

https://www.cricketerexchange.com/

For the last 2 years we've managed to pick up Aussie 2nd grade players for just the cost of accommodation and work while over here (we're WEPL 3 and they fit well in the side - probably be a similar level for you in TVL 2).
Email: adam@neoncricket.co.uk
Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram

Howzat

• Forum Legend
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2023, 07:07:27 PM »

I am Director of Cricket at our local Boys High school (NZ) and have a lot of contacts my area for cricket. Happy to pass your details around the clubs. A lot of players in our comp head over to the UK.

Thanks have sent you a message

Howzat

• Forum Legend
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2023, 07:08:01 PM »

I always use Cricketer Exchange - takes a bit more work on your part, but it's free and there tends to be more Aussie/Kiwi representation on there. Only issue with the agents is almost all of the players will be wanting to be paid a weekly rate just for rocking up which isn't something we're keen on.

https://www.cricketerexchange.com/

For the last 2 years we've managed to pick up Aussie 2nd grade players for just the cost of accommodation and work while over here (we're WEPL 3 and they fit well in the side - probably be a similar level for you in TVL 2).

Signed up to this thanks. Meeting with someone tomorrow off there to discuss.

Howzat

• Forum Legend
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2024, 09:23:01 PM »

Incase anyone was wondering we ended up getting this guy - hoping for a good season!

https://www.espncricinfo.com/cricketers/baxter-holt-1126693

Advertise on CBF