Kookaburra LC Pro gloves
Advertise on CBF

Author Topic: Kookaburra LC Pro gloves  (Read 629 times)

jp2408

• Club Cricketer
  • Trade Count: (0)
Kookaburra LC Pro gloves
« on: December 22, 2023, 03:28:52 PM »

Afternoon all..

I’ve been bitten by the keeping bug over the winter (not least because there’s a whole new gear rabbit hole to fall down!) and made a couple of purchases in the Black Friday sales.

One of these was a pair of kook Lc pro gloves. They look and feel great, but the palm feels super stiff - particularly when wearing inners with any padding - to the point I can barely close my fist and I fear balls would just bounce off unless they were caught perfectly in the middle. I also have a pair of 1.1 gloves which are much more flexible and don’t have the poron xrd palm that you get on the pro, so wondering if this is the reason.

Does anyone know if these loosen up with use, or whether it is just the price you pay for the extra shock absorption of the poron xrd?

Billie

• International Captain
  • Trade Count: (+2)
Re: Kookaburra LC Pro gloves
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2024, 12:01:16 AM »

I have the Pro Players gloves - the green and yellow ones that Tim Paine and Alex Carey use / have used. I've found them to be pretty stiff and hard to break in. They are just starting to give now, and they feel pretty good - but I can't say I wasn't tempted to give up.

Sivlar13

• International Captain
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Love a legside stumping.
Re: Kookaburra LC Pro gloves
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2024, 04:28:51 PM »

The thumbs are particularly stiff I’ve found on the Kookaburra gloves, with your thumbs wanting to point forwards.
Life goal - to play a Kane Williamson dab to 3rd man for one.

Instagram - @_theWKcoach

Advertise on CBF