Advertise on CBF

Author Topic: B3  (Read 733 times)

skip1973

• International Captain
  • Trade Count: (0)
B3
« on: January 09, 2024, 10:30:30 AM »

Has anyone bought a B3 recently?

Just wondering if they seem any better/worse in the last few years, I got one probably 8 years ago and it was tripe, toying with giving one another go.

Thanks

Jimbo

• World Cup Winner
  • Trade Count: (+1)
Re: B3
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2024, 10:39:13 AM »

I got one in their end of season sale, very similar press to the GM Signature I had last year which was very decent once played in. Finishing isn't outstanding but it's good enough.

Wouldn't pay their standard prices to be honest, you'd get better value and pay less by going to a smaller maker with the B3 shape that you like and asking them to recreate it.

Ayrtek Cricket

• Forum Sponsor
  • International Superstar
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • www.AyrtekCricket.com
    • Ayrtek Cricket
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2024, 04:08:50 PM »

I’ve got a few in stock via @The Cricket Boutique and they are chunky all around in terms of specs and pressed well. They have worked on improving that aspect by their own admittance and have bought in a new press and worked at it.

Let me know if you have a spec/model in mind as have a few here that I can do a deal on 👍

Sloggerz

• First XI Captain
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2024, 05:18:23 PM »

I got one in their end of season sale, very similar press to the GM Signature I had last year which was very decent once played in. Finishing isn't outstanding but it's good enough.

Wouldn't pay their standard prices to be honest, you'd get better value and pay less by going to a smaller maker with the B3 shape that you like and asking them to recreate it.

Who would you guys recommend from the smaller makers for a replica?

Jimbo

• World Cup Winner
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2024, 05:36:55 PM »

If you want a bigger modern style shape, @jonny77 at Scott Cricket Bats has made some belters for me over the last couple of years.

You'll pay about half of what you would with B3, you get a bat that goes quicker than a B3 (in my experience obviously), and it'll perform just as well once you've knocked and played it in. I also had my B3 rebalanced by Jonny and it came back picking up much better with the shape more or less intact.

potzy248

• International Captain
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2024, 09:28:14 PM »

I had a Crown a few years ago in the Trott profile and it was a gun. Gutted I sold it to be honest. Paid a lot for it but you are for most top end bats.
Kane Williamson for Prime Minister.

SD

• International Captain
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2024, 09:38:12 PM »

My last purchase from B3 was 4 years ago. I have still got two from them that I use. Very good bats. Well pressed with a firm feel. Thick handles with little flex. Unmistakably GM in their lineage

I haven't purchased anything from them for the last 4 seasons simply because I don't think they are value for money anymore. This is particularly the case as I have generally found they upgrade a bat which may be on the borderline (compared for example to GM who seems to frequently downgrade bats others may sell at a grade higher)

SOULMAN1012

• Forum Legend
  • Trade Count: (+27)
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2024, 07:58:24 PM »

Who would you guys recommend from the smaller makers for a replica?

@Sloggerz
Would be more than happy to make one for you mate. Check out www.willowandwand.co.uk prices from £199 to £349

Advertise on CBF