Steam guards / Neck guards
Advertise on CBF

Author Topic: Steam guards / Neck guards  (Read 443 times)

Straight Bat Shot

• Club Cricketer
  • Trade Count: (0)
Steam guards / Neck guards
« on: February 24, 2024, 10:25:50 PM »

After contemplating wearing a neck guard (Shrey) for a while, but, after a close friend being hit in the back of the neck whilst playing out in NZ & developed a life threatening blood clot - I’ve decided to do so.

I wore the shrey neck guard, along my masterclass air helmet, and to say it’s restrictive of keeping my head parallel whilst batting is an understatement.  I really want to wear one due to the above, but comfort and movements are seriously impacted and doesn’t make me confident to face a short ball at all. 

Can anyone advice, if I can do anything, or swap across to a Masuri helmet and their protection; is it the same, or does it provide more movement etc.

Look forward to hearing from your views.

Ayrtek Cricket

• Forum Sponsor
  • International Superstar
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • www.AyrtekCricket.com
    • Ayrtek Cricket
Re: Steam guards / Neck guards
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2024, 11:10:52 PM »

I think you can use a Masuri stem guard on a shrey helmet, working out where it’s impeding you would prob help. Perhaps when looking in the mirror noting the pinch point that’s irritating you.

There’s other brands out there that may offer something that’s a better shape for you.

MichaelM

• Club Cricketer
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2024, 11:04:57 AM »

Hi, I had the same issue using Masuri Stemguard with Masuri Helmet. I took it off during the first net session. I changed to longer size attachment to Stemguard, have had no issue since then.

Giraffe208

• International Captain
  • Trade Count: (+6)
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2024, 01:32:18 PM »

Do any of the current neck guards fit old Albion helmets?

MichaelM

• Club Cricketer
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2024, 01:59:38 PM »

Not sure about others, but Masuri doesn't fit Albion.

Ayrtek Cricket

• Forum Sponsor
  • International Superstar
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • www.AyrtekCricket.com
    • Ayrtek Cricket
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2024, 03:09:06 PM »

Do any of the current neck guards fit old Albion helmets?

Shrey Velcro strap style ones ur best bet as Masuri clip onto the bars that are thicker now than albions were

Straight Bat Shot

• Club Cricketer
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2024, 05:04:33 PM »

Hi, I had the same issue using Masuri Stemguard with Masuri Helmet. I took it off during the first net session. I changed to longer size attachment to Stemguard, have had no issue since then.

Are you able to send me the link for that?

Straight Bat Shot

• Club Cricketer
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2024, 05:05:53 PM »

I think you can use a Masuri stem guard on a shrey helmet, working out where it’s impeding you would prob help. Perhaps when looking in the mirror noting the pinch point that’s irritating you.

There’s other brands out there that may offer something that’s a better shape for you.

So I would say left trap, left part of shoulder was the area, the bottom of the left panelling was touching my neck, and struggled to get my head straight whilst batting, unless I opened my shoulders right up.  I’m quite a square on player, maybe shoulders slightly open.

Straight Bat Shot

• Club Cricketer
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2024, 05:08:41 PM »

Does the Masuri stem guard fit the shrey helmet bars? I’ll just order the stem guard rather than paying for a new helmet.

Advertise on CBF