Custom Bats Forum Code of Conduct
Advertise on CBF

Author Topic: Custom Bats Forum Code of Conduct  (Read 15914 times)

Buzz

• Administrator
  • International Superstar
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Clear your mind, stay still and watch the ball
Custom Bats Forum Code of Conduct
« on: November 24, 2011, 10:21:47 PM »

Dear members
The admin team want this forum to be a relaxed and friendly atmosphere in which everyone can get along. As a result of some changes in the dynamics of the forum, we would like you all to read and abide by the updated forum code – these are mostly based on common sense and common decency, but we have felt the need to reiterate them given the increasing popularity of the forum.

1) No offensive language, this includes swearing, racism and violent language towards other members. Substituting letters for alternative characters is not an acceptable way to bypass the swear filter.

2) Respect companies, slander towards other companies will not be accepted.

3) Be sensible about the mentioning of other forums – we appreciate that there are numerous cricket forums, but we want to encourage the best conversation on this forum. This includes the promotion of other forums via the personal messaging system.

4) We ENCOURAGE you to post links to shops to find the best prices for kit!

5) No text spk lyk this + at least attempt to spell correctly...thanks!

6) we remind users of the registration agreement they signed up to when registering to the forum and the disclaimers held within.

7)  To be eligible to sell (or swap) an item, you must have made 150 good quality posts on the forum. This means that you will have achieved the County 2nd XI level. Following recent issues, this has been agreed amongst the admin team. No selling should be undertaken via PM.

Finally to remind you, that this forum should be more than just a swap shop for kit (and preferable not cars and dishwashers if possible :o) – it is a place to discuss all elements of bat making and the cricket industry as a whole.

Over time it is likely the administration team will add to this code, so please do make the effort to check it from time to time. Obviously we reserve the right to sanction members who are unable to follow this relatively simple set of guidelines

Thank you for being part of this forum we hope you find it helpful, enjoyable and warmly encourage you to ask questions of the members even ones that may initially appear stupid, they can spark a series of interesting debates.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 10:46:02 AM by tim2000s »
"Bradman didn't used to have any trigger movements or anything like that. He turned batting into a subconscious act" Tony Shillinglaw.

Buzz

• Administrator
Re: Custom Bats Forum Code of Conduct
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 06:52:13 PM »

hello.

It is a real shame that I have to ask this, but please would members make more of an effort to use the words

"please" and "thank you"

it shows just a little bit of respect to those who are typically helping you out.

thank you.
"Bradman didn't used to have any trigger movements or anything like that. He turned batting into a subconscious act" Tony Shillinglaw.

Buzz

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 08:36:45 PM »

can I remind members that the use/support of fake stickers/branding is totally prohibited on this forum.

I realise that there is appeal in the Indian imports on eBay, but this isn't a justifiable reason to promote their use.

if you want the stickers, buy the bat.

Buzz

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 08:19:21 AM »

We are lucky that we haven't had an issue recently - but let me emphasis that member trade on here at their own risk.

I thought this would be an opportune time to bump these notes in particular.

7)  To be eligible to sell (or swap) an item, you must have made 150 good quality posts on the forum. This means that you will have achieved the County 2nd XI level. Following recent issues, this has been agreed amongst the admin team. No selling should be undertaken via PM.

can I remind members that the use/support of fake stickers/branding is totally prohibited on this forum.

I realise that there is appeal in the Indian imports on eBay, but this isn't a justifiable reason to promote their use.

if you want the stickers, buy the bat.

Buzz

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2015, 09:22:38 PM »

Fyi two non sponsor retailers this evening had their pm function removed for selling via the forum via the pm function.
We are doing this to protect members and the sponsors, without whom there would be no forum.

Buzz

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2016, 08:31:11 PM »

This thread hasn't seen the light of day for a while, so I thought I would bump it.

Can I remind members that adding comments like "i will be selling this kit" and then pictures is encouraging pm selling and breaching the selling rules, so please don't do it.

For members with more than 150 posts we have a selling section, please use that appropriately.

Things have been largely friendly recently, please let's keep it that way.

If you do get approached with a pm sale or offer, please report it to an administrator.
Thanks

tim2000s

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2016, 07:34:58 AM »

In light of recent events, we'd like to remind members that we expect reasonable conduct on the forum. Whilst the anonymity of the Internet brings great advantages, it also is a privilege.

In your dealings with and comments to other members, please consider, before you hit post, would you say this to the person you are speaking to face to face? If the answer is no, or even, they might punch me if I did, then don't press the post button.

Buzz

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2017, 08:21:53 PM »

Just giving this a nudge. Especially number 7.

Buzz

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2020, 09:04:32 PM »

As previously, we have a few new members so giving this a pre season bump

Advertise on CBF