Advertise on CBF

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Forum Features  (Read 53061 times)

Buzz

• Administrator
  • International Superstar
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Clear your mind, stay still and watch the ball
Re: Forum Features
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2013, 09:54:16 AM »

I have had a few PM's about this so I thought it would be better to make a more general comment.

The Admin team (i.e. everyone else but me ;) ) are in the process of making changes to the for sale section of the forum. At the moment, due to one of the fixes in place, members with less than 50 posts cannot see the for sale boards. This will change, shortly, to members with less than 50 being able to see, but not post.

We have also hidden the for sale section from the general public so people come on here for the terrible high quality chat and news about cricket equipment, not as an alternative to ebay.

This has gone along with most members having an increase in the size of the PM inbox.

There may be a few more things changing soon too.
"Bradman didn't used to have any trigger movements or anything like that. He turned batting into a subconscious act" Tony Shillinglaw.

dcbfencing

• Village Cricketer
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2013, 09:57:57 AM »

Hi Buzz, would it be possible to have it so that members with less than 50 posts can reply, but not start threads in the 'for sale' section? I'm more of a 'lurker' than a 'poster' but still get a fair amount of value out of other people unwanted kit.

Buzz

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2013, 09:59:50 AM »

Hi Buzz, would it be possible to have it so that members with less than 50 posts can reply, but not start threads in the 'for sale' section? I'm more of a 'lurker' than a 'poster' but still get a fair amount of value out of other people unwanted kit.
Actually it has been mostly the "lurkers" who have been pm'ing me, I am reliably informed that the team are working on it. That is one of the desired outcomes.

We do recognise peoples needs to grab a bargain ;)
"Bradman didn't used to have any trigger movements or anything like that. He turned batting into a subconscious act" Tony Shillinglaw.

tim2000s

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+21)
  • If I only could bat....
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2013, 10:06:46 AM »

To all the "lurkers", this is proving more problematic than we had hoped, so you may have to wait a bit...

ajmw89

• International Captain
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • 4XI ornament
    • Wright Cricket
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2013, 10:07:38 AM »

Surely you just PM the person selling?

Ciaran

• County 1st XI
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2013, 10:07:50 AM »

Id actually say no if I was an admin.
The people who post regularly keep this forum together. Why should a person who just views this forum be entitled to the same bargains as we are? The sale area is about people in the community selling and buying within each other - why should someone who hasnt contributed by a minimum post amount get the same chances?

Buzz

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2013, 10:18:56 AM »

we have fewer issues with people buying kit than selling kit, which are massively reduced further when you use the appropriate feature in paypal for buying and item - (Mr Harris excepted)

Surely you just PM the person selling?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 11:38:29 AM by Buzz »

Wedge2408

• County 2nd XI
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2013, 11:33:03 AM »

I have had a few PM's about this so I thought it would be better to make a more general comment.

The Admin team (i.e. everyone else but me ;) ) are in the process of making changes to the for sale section of the forum. At the moment, due to one of the fixes in place, members with less than 50 posts cannot see the for sale boards. This will change, shortly, to members with less than 50 being able to see, but not post.

We have also hidden the for sale section from the general public so people come on here for the terrible high quality chat and news about cricket equipment, not as an alternative to ebay.

This has gone along with most members having an increase in the size of the PM inbox.

There may be a few more things changing soon too.

Lucky I noticed this post, I was just about to PM you.
I had no idea what was going on, I thought I had my access reduced for some reason!! Not that I use the sale section often, but I still like to see what is being posted in there.

Anyways, thanks for letting us know what is going on, much appreciated.
"I always give myself such very good advice, but I very seldom follow it."

tushar sehgal

• World Cup Winner
  • Trade Count: (+8)
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2013, 12:29:39 PM »

Id actually say no if I was an admin.
The people who post regularly keep this forum together. Why should a person who just views this forum be entitled to the same bargains as we are? The sale area is about people in the community selling and buying within each other - why should someone who hasnt contributed by a minimum post amount get the same chances?

I agree with the sentiment but what if you are the seller and none of the contributors like what you are selling? I understand its not ebay but just stating that there is a place for "lurkers" as well...

Ciaran

• County 1st XI
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2013, 12:38:23 PM »

I agree with the sentiment but what if you are the seller and none of the contributors like what you are selling? I understand its not ebay but just stating that there is a place for "lurkers" as well...

You answered it yourself in my opinion. Ebay, Craigslist, Gumtree. This isnt a salesroom its a community of cricket lovers!

tim2000s

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+21)
  • If I only could bat....
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2013, 12:41:55 PM »

You answered it yourself in my opinion. Ebay, Craigslist, Gumtree. This isnt a salesroom its a community of cricket lovers!
That's a fair comment. :)

tushar sehgal

• World Cup Winner
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2013, 12:44:38 PM »

Again as I mentioned i undestand that this is not a sales site but more and more people seem hell bent on alienating others lately here..some people don't come here to buy but also don't post much, where as others buy constantly and won't shutup (like me) but that does not give me the right to say that my way is the correct way and others is not...

again its just my opinion and noone else has to agree with it.

Ciaran

• County 1st XI
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2013, 12:55:44 PM »

Again as I mentioned i undestand that this is not a sales site but more and more people seem hell bent on alienating others lately here..some people don't come here to buy but also don't post much, where as others buy constantly and won't shutup (like me) but that does not give me the right to say that my way is the correct way and others is not...

again its just my opinion and noone else has to agree with it.

Ill tell you what gives you the right, the fact your an active poster. The Sales thread is a perk of being an active poster on this forum, and is not there for escaping ebay fees. If you dont contribute you dont buy it should be as simple as that. Nothing is worse as a regular than to miss out on something to someone who only uses this place as an ebay alternative!

tushar sehgal

• World Cup Winner
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2013, 12:58:26 PM »

Ill tell you what gives you the right, the fact your an active poster. The Sales thread is a perk of being an active poster on this forum, and is not there for escaping ebay fees. If you dont contribute you dont buy it should be as simple as that. Nothing is worse as a regular than to miss out on something to someone who only uses this place as an ebay alternative!

I guess we agree to disagree on this :)

PedalsMcgrew

• International Captain
  • Trade Count: (+4)
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2013, 01:04:30 PM »

Spot on Ciaran!
Lisa: How's my Rabbit?
Bart: He's dead and dad buried him in the garden, although not in that order..
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Advertise on CBF