Forum Features
Advertise on CBF

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Forum Features  (Read 53071 times)

trypewriter

• International Captain
  • Trade Count: (+2)
Re: Forum Features
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2013, 01:08:01 PM »

Ditto.
'His was a cameo of savage cuts and pulls - the tragedy being that none made contact with the ball.'

tushar sehgal

• World Cup Winner
  • Trade Count: (+8)
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2013, 01:10:16 PM »

I think people are missing my point so my last post on this...Just because you post a lot does not make your way the right way and someone who posts occassionally wrong...nothing to do with selling or buying...anyways I am out..

uknsaunders

• Forum Legend
  • Trade Count: (+4)
    • Farmers CC
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2013, 01:14:54 PM »

I agree with Ciaran on this. Nothing against those lurkers but there should be perks for those contributing to the forum. Not saying Tush is wrong because quality of posts are as important as the volume. However, by not having the sale board live to sub 50 posters, the lurkers (sorry for the tag) have actually posted. Kind of proves a point doesn't it.
email and googletalk: uknsaunders@gmail.com
club website: http://www.farmerscricketjersey.net/

PedalsMcgrew

• International Captain
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2013, 01:16:48 PM »

I'd have thought it was simply a case of common sense. Contribute to the forum and get the full benefits of it!

I agree with Ciaran on this. Nothing against those lurkers but there should be perks for those contributing to the forum. Not saying Tush is wrong because quality of posts are as important as the volume. However, by not having the sale board live to sub 50 posters, the lurkers (sorry for the tag) have actually posted. Kind of proves a point doesn't it.

Very good point!
Lisa: How's my Rabbit?
Bart: He's dead and dad buried him in the garden, although not in that order..

Bruce

• International Captain
  • Trade Count: (+5)
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2013, 01:18:15 PM »

Quick question. Will members (once they reach the 50 Post mark) get a message (probably automated) to tell them about the sales threads now being open to them?
You're only as good as your last knock....

manno

• County 2nd XI
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2013, 01:25:05 PM »

I love that now, FINALLY, the true motivation for stricter buying and selling regulations has started to appear from the shadows...

joeljonno

• World Cup Winner
  • Trade Count: (+8)
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2013, 01:32:27 PM »

As an idea and if it is viable and wanted, I am sure this will probably be a lot of work for the admin team.

You could have a tick box for these posts to show to all or +50 or something. Therefore those who wish to sell just to the regulars can select one option and those happy to sell to lurkers as well another.

That way you can have the best of both worlds.

I apologise for this idea, as I am sure it might create the admin team a lot of work, but I thought I'd put it out there to see if there is an option for this.
Twitter - @joeljonno

Ciaran

• County 1st XI
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2013, 01:33:45 PM »

I love that now, FINALLY, the true motivation for stricter buying and selling regulations has started to appear from the shadows...

The true motivation has to be:
Give advantages to forum members who post regularly as they keep the forum going
Encourage those who only view to post so they not only add to community but can buy
Prevent people using this as an ebay alternative

Dan W

• County 1st XI
  • Trade Count: (+5)
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2013, 01:36:04 PM »

It's quite funny to think of the new guys reading all about this untapped exclusive secret bounty of cheap, amazing second hand willow, seemingly at giveaway prices, counting each post as one more step towards this nirvana only talked about in hushed tones...

...Only to find a load of MSR's that people got for free, 3lb monsters that pick up like 3lb4, a GN Legend on it's 15th appearance in the FS section, and Nathrobbo's BAS at a £10 discount from the RRP (which I will promise to buy if it's not sold by next xmas :) )

(That said, I do think it's a great move - and will make the FS section work better as the buyers will be more edumacated when they come to purchase etc)

uknsaunders

• Forum Legend
    • Farmers CC
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2013, 01:37:35 PM »

crossing threads here but I'd set 50 as the viewing benchmark for buying and 200 (500 my preference) as the selling benchmark. Makes racing to 50 posts less useful but you are rewarded with viewing/buying from it.

tim2000s

• Administrator
  • International Superstar
  • Trade Count: (+21)
  • If I only could bat....
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2013, 01:46:08 PM »

It's quite funny to think of the new guys reading all about this untapped exclusive secret bounty of cheap, amazing second hand willow, seemingly at giveaway prices, counting each post as one more step towards this nirvana only talked about in hushed tones...

...Only to find a load of MSR's that people got for free, 3lb monsters that pick up like 3lb4, a GN Legend on it's 15th appearance in the FS section, and Nathrobbo's BAS at a £10 discount from the RRP (which I will promise to buy if it's not sold by next xmas :) )

(That said, I do think it's a great move - and will make the FS section work better as the buyers will be more edumacated when they come to purchase etc)
So you've the usual range of stuff up for sale then Dan? ;)

manno

• County 2nd XI
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2013, 01:56:13 PM »

Very amusing!!!!

I thought people were worried about poor little Johnny sitting at home, on his bed, in tears having been swindled out of his pocket money by the kashmir mafia?

Mostly what i hear is "ive been here longer so if theres a decent bat for a bargain price in the sale section then it should be mine not yours!!"......

I think there's plenty of willow for everyone!

And really, would the negligible costs saved by avoiding listing on ebay outweigh the sacrifice in market exposure?

Anyway, you see my post count... This is all very exciting for me!!! I feel like a refugee waiting for a temporary protection visa!!!

:)

Ciaran

• County 1st XI
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2013, 02:02:51 PM »

Very amusing!!!!

I thought people were worried about poor little Johnny sitting at home, on his bed, in tears having been swindled out of his pocket money by the kashmir mafia?

Mostly what i hear is "ive been here longer so if theres a decent bat for a bargain price in the sale section then it should be mine not yours!!"......

I think there's plenty of willow for everyone!

And really, would the negligible costs saved by avoiding listing on ebay outweigh the sacrifice in market exposure?

Anyway, you see my post count... This is all very exciting for me!!! I feel like a refugee waiting for a temporary protection visa!!!

:)

After 50 post count minimum on here for buyers you would hope if little johnny had contributed he would have known what was and wasnt a (No Swearing Please) bit of kashmir ;) or a 200 post count for sellers would let other members judge the seller first.
Its not about us trying to make sure someone gets first exposure, but the actual sales thread is for community members. To be a member of the community you need to post regularly, and if you dont then your not a member of the community and in my opinion should not receive the same benefits that the regulars do!

Kulli

• Forum Legend
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Herr Kaleun
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2013, 02:04:24 PM »

Probably a fair chunk of the members who contribute probably joined in the first place to buy something. I'm all for everyone being able to buy and sell, up to individuals to choose who they do and don't do business with.

The more stuff for sale there is the lower the prices are likely to be  :D
They won't catch us this time! Not this time! They haven't spotted us! No, they're all snoring in their bunks! Or, you know what? They're drinking at the bar, celebrating our sinking! Not yet, my friends. Not yet!

uknsaunders

• Forum Legend
    • Farmers CC
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2013, 02:07:56 PM »

8 posts to go Manno unless I reset your post count to zero  :D

You aren't missing much, apart from Dan's spare m&h vault, Wilkie's quarterly sale, Simmy's 1 month old bat every month, Fattus doing some kind of great but not so great deal and Redders doing a cheap sale of little things every other week.

The point is from my perspective is to encourage interaction with the forum. The post count could be less or more but people who want to be involved will hit it sooner rather than later.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Advertise on CBF