Warbird Offer
Advertise on CBF

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Warbird Offer  (Read 32204 times)

FattusCattus

• Forum Legend
  • Trade Count: (+30)
  • Bend it like Fattus!!
Re: Warbird Offer
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2017, 12:18:34 PM »

What did Hell 4 Leather say when you told them?
If you tolerate this, then your baked goods will be next.

csnew

• World Cup Winner
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2017, 12:59:52 PM »

What did Hell 4 Leather say when you told them?

Thought the usual forum rules apply - post first then think about contacting them

JB

• International Captain
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2017, 01:45:20 PM »

Hardly the end of the world. For £150 I wouldn't be that bothered by that

brokenbat

• International Captain
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2017, 02:28:49 PM »

Hardly the end of the world. For £150 I wouldn't be that bothered by that

exactly.. why is this even an issue??

potzy248

« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2017, 01:01:27 AM »

Thought the usual forum rules apply - post first then think about contacting them

You forgot the other rule. If this sort of thing is on a sub continent brand then it goes in the fire, if its from H4L then its perfectly normal.

Kane Williamson for Prime Minister.

Righthand

« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2017, 02:33:43 AM »

You forgot the other rule. If this sort of thing is on a sub continent brand then it goes in the fire, if its from H4L then its perfectly normal.

Couldn't agree more. Imagine if this was an SS or CA :p

Manormanic

• Forum Legend
  • Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2017, 06:50:40 AM »

Its a bit cheeky not to mention it - given how many people take the stickers off bats, you'd want them to be aware if nowt else - but still a decent stick for the money.
"to be the man, you've got to beat the man"

mvclayton

• Club Cricketer
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2017, 10:29:03 AM »

Surely the point here is that it wasn't sold as seconds etc it was just sold as a discounted grade 2. Probably should have been mentioned but it does still look like a nice bat.

Vitas Cricket

• Forum Sponsor
  • Forum Legend
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Cricket Retailer & Coaching Centre in Peterborough
    • Vitas Cricket
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2017, 11:22:57 AM »

Couldn't agree more. Imagine if this was an SS or CA :p

Filler in parts of the blade is more common than people think, I believe there was a topic about a B3 bat with something similar recently. Most sensible (rather than hysterical) discussion about filler on Asian bats, especially CA in my experience, surrounds the use of it in the handle/splice.

Mattsky

• County 1st XI
  • "Cricket was my reason for living." Harold Larwood
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2017, 11:51:59 AM »

I agree. If filler is under the stickers on the back, or even a minimal amount is visibly apparent on the back, it shouldn't really matter, as long as the bat is graded to reflect that.

Where it would be cause for concern is if the filler was either highly visible on the face, and/or in the hitting area, or where the bat flexes around the handle and splice. With the latter two, there would be a genuine concern over possibly impaired performance.

Having said this, I'd expect a Pro or Grade 1 to have no filler whatsoever - even under the stickers.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 02:06:27 PM by Mattsky »
"The only thing I've ever been interested in teaching anyone in life is cricket."
Peter O' Toole

Chad

• World Cup Winner
  • Trade Count: (+22)
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2017, 12:14:28 PM »

Filler in parts of the blade is more common than people think, I believe there was a topic about a B3 bat with something similar recently. Most sensible (rather than hysterical) discussion about filler on Asian bats, especially CA in my experience, surrounds the use of it in the handle/splice.

I think about 50% of all CAs I've seen have had handle issues. The other 50% which don't have issues are mostly either the older models or near new! The filler just cracks and causes issues in the shoulder/handle region of the bats. Excellent performers, but the handle issue really puts me off...

I am a big fan of H4L, and don't think this would make any difference in the longevity or performance of the bat, as it's away from the splice/shoulder area. It should have been mentioned though, but for £150, it seems an excellent bat regardless. Have you been happy with the performance?

LBWCandidate

• First XI Captain
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Two 4's are better than a 6!
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2017, 12:52:23 PM »

It's just being transparent and mentioning it up front. I am sure bat would have sold for the same price easily.

JB

• International Captain
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2017, 01:29:30 PM »

It would also be incredibly naive of a customer not to realise that there would be a reason why a bat that we all thought should be a Pro was downgraded and priced at £150, which is similar to the cost of a Devil.

If there are any more of these kicking about the workshop for 150 I'd like to be the first in the queue

Alvaro

• Forum Legend
  • Trade Count: (+3)
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2017, 02:31:24 PM »

I think that the point made was not a dig at H4L at all. It's just an interesting observation as to the perception of one thing over another.

InternalTraining

• World Cup Winner
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2017, 03:15:41 PM »

1. I wouldn't worry about it as long as the bat performed and the price was right.

2. Where possible, I have opted for bats without stickers. I don't care about the stickers or the toe-guard. I highly recommend doing it as it gives you additional 1/4 -1/2 ounce of willow and a shiny, clean look.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Advertise on CBF