Advertise on CBF

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: RNS from Facebook  (Read 26455 times)

gmmaestro

• Village Cricketer
  • Trade Count: (0)
RNS from Facebook
« on: April 24, 2017, 11:23:00 AM »

Hi guys, out of curiosity I ordered a bat off Mr Whatsapp RNS. It arrived today so I figured I would let you know what happens and what you get.

Every post he says now is VK profile players bats. Don't expect a piece of amazing super sexy willow to arrive, but on first inspection it doesnt look too bad. The grains are decent with a couple of little marks here and there. The press isn't as soft as a Gunn and Moore thats for sure. Handle is thin and a round shape.

The profile we settled on was more of a De Villiers spine to the toe of the bat. It's almost what he said, which i take as a win. What has impressed is that for the size of the stick, it picks up like it is about 2.6!!!

I noted that it is extremely dry willow, oiling tomorrow will be interesting to note the absorbtion.

I asked for the stickers separate so that I could take in the whole stick before I chuck them on. I also took up his offer on a pair of gloves as they were about $30 Aussie dollars, so even if they were close to the test quality he said, its a win. They are comfy enough for training I think, a little small but better than wasting money on gray nics gloves that last me 4 months max and cost $100 plus.

Here are some pics of the delivery. Tomorrow I'll test the ping.

gmmaestro

• Village Cricketer

Whispering Death

• International Captain
  • Trade Count: (+38)
Re: RNS from Facebook
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 12:10:01 PM »

Pic link doesn't work

Calzehbhoy

• International Captain

Calzehbhoy

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2017, 12:16:13 PM »

petehosk

• Administrator
  • Forum Legend
  • Trade Count: (+39)
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2017, 12:20:21 PM »

Hi guys, out of curiosity I ordered a bat off Mr Whatsapp RNS. It arrived today so I figured I would let you know what happens and what you get.

Every post he says now is VK profile players bats. Don't expect a piece of amazing super sexy willow to arrive, but on first inspection it doesnt look too bad. The grains are decent with a couple of little marks here and there. The press isn't as soft as a Gunn and Moore thats for sure. Handle is thin and a round shape.

The profile we settled on was more of a De Villiers spine to the toe of the bat. It's almost what he said, which i take as a win. What has impressed is that for the size of the stick, it picks up like it is about 2.6!!!

So what is the weight of the bat?

mo_town

• International Captain
  • Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2017, 02:21:03 PM »

I was looking to get a bat from them as well after seeing their bats on FB. Interestingly, I asked him if I can get a fully knocked and oiled bat as I dont have the time to get it knocked. His response was that they manually knock it in but they dont oil it as a personal preference! Didnt know that it was down to personal preference.

gmmaestro

• Village Cricketer
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2017, 02:32:29 PM »

He said it was 2.9 but it may be lighter. I'll knock it in before selling it, just wanted to see what he is about

Boondougal

• County 1st XI
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2017, 02:47:22 PM »

I've been tracking these for ages and have tried to buy a few that have popped up on FB.... Your review is pretty much what I thought the bat would be like.

I don't suppose you would share what you paid would you? cheers

mo_town

• International Captain
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2017, 03:15:04 PM »

Most importantly how does it ping? Is it as good as claimed on their FB page?

The Cricket Boutique

• County 1st XI
  • Luxury Handmade English Willow Bats
    • The Cricket Boutique
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2017, 03:27:53 PM »

Ha Ha. Thanks for pointing us in the direction of this page. It appears that they may be pinching quite a bit of text from our website. I think we may be having words.  :D
English Willow, Handmade Cricket Bats. www.thecricketboutique.co.uk / @thecricketbtq / facebook.com/thecricketboutique/

Chmaiden

• First XI Captain
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2017, 08:19:59 PM »

whats his facebook user name?

The Cricket Boutique

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2017, 08:50:05 PM »

Not sure of their personal one but it's RNS Larson on Facebook. After asking him to change his text he told me he would see me in court and If I reported the plagerism then he would report my page etc etc.

Seems like a nice legit chap.
English Willow, Handmade Cricket Bats. www.thecricketboutique.co.uk / @thecricketbtq / facebook.com/thecricketboutique/

Mowglee123

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2017, 10:06:12 PM »

I have dealt with Harjit (RNS Facebook) once when I bought a bat a couple of years ago. Horrible customer service, plank bat, never returned the money for undelivered pads and gloves. Sorry TCB for your experience.

mo_town

• International Captain
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2017, 10:01:58 AM »

Not sure of their personal one but it's RNS Larson on Facebook. After asking him to change his text he told me he would see me in court and If I reported the plagerism then he would report my page etc etc.

Seems like a nice legit chap.

Just curious...are you saying that the text used to describe bats posted on their FB page is the same that you use to describe bats on your site? The description on the RNS page seems quite generic tbh.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Advertise on CBF