Oakley sunglasses - looking for recommendations
Advertise on CBF

Author Topic: Oakley sunglasses - looking for recommendations  (Read 591 times)

rickjames

• Forum Legend
  • Trade Count: (0)
Oakley sunglasses - looking for recommendations
« on: May 14, 2024, 02:27:43 PM »

As per the title really!

I'm after a pair of sunglasses for cricket and kind of find myself attracted to the Oakley Sutro/Sutro S, except no idea which of the Prizm lenses are best for cricket - I've seen before they did have lenses specifically for cricket, but these look to be discontinued.

So, does anyone have any experience/suggestions with their various (and more recent) lenses and what works best when it comes to cricket?

Cheers

DiscoStu

• County 2nd XI
Re: Oakley sunglasses - looking for recommendations
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2024, 07:22:13 AM »

I have a couple of older pairs. If polarized lenses are an option then get them, they usually come as standard now. I play my home games on a field surrounded by trees and I can struggle to pick up the ball against that background when using the darker tinted lenses even in bright sunlight. Otherwise they're very good in all conditions.

edge

• World Cup Winner
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2024, 10:20:39 PM »

I use Sutros for cycling and cricket and they do nicely for both. Oakley have largely moved away from individual sport specific lenses these days so just pick your preferred colour - if you play any white ball don't get the blue ones as they can totally wipe the ball out against a blue sky! I've got Jade, they work fine for cricket of whatever variety. They mainly don't offer polarised lenses in the non-snow/water sports glasses as the polarisation isn't particularly useful in those scenarios (and can be actively unhelpful), although if you might wear them casually it is great for everyday use.
HS: 156, BB: 7-20

cheese

• County 1st XI
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2024, 07:21:34 PM »

Radar EVs are brilliant. Can’t recommend them enough.

Advertise on CBF