Advertise on CBF

Author Topic: Afghanistan Cricket  (Read 22119 times)

art

• First XI Captain
  • Trade Count: (0)
Afghanistan Cricket
« on: October 10, 2008, 09:08:01 PM »

I know this sounds odd for a journey umpire but I have some connection to Afghanistan cricket.

The Australian government has kindly agreed to provide spce on a transport aircraft to carry cricket equipment from Australia to Afghanistan in a few months time. So all you Australian contributors if you have any cricket equipment that is in good condition that you don't need please let me know and arrangements can be made for collection somehow.

Afghanistan has reached the final (unbeaten) of WCL Div 4 and will go to the Div 3 finals in Argentina in January. Latest unoffical ranking of Afghanistan in the minor countries ratings is 19 but this will rocket with great victories over much higher ranked teams in recent competition.

Howzat

• Forum Legend
  • Trade Count: (+7)
Re: Afghanistan Cricket
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 07:53:29 AM »

Sounds a good cause to me - I will sticky this topic
Top Scores: 171,112,100,99,86*,74*  Best Bowling: 5/18

gramw

• International Captain
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Gramw!
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 09:02:41 PM »

art, is this just for aus?

art

• First XI Captain
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2008, 09:19:50 PM »

Hi gramw,

At this moment we are about to start the appeal in Australia. I anticipate it will be in full swing just before Christmas. We have certain major politicians working on this and the logistics although complex are now in place. However if you wish to start something in England or elsewhere please PM me and perhaps we can jointly organise something. I have the contacts and as a Project Officer for these folks we can certainly do some good together.

Advertise on CBF